CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.04.2011

Books to Pine (1)

First, I would like to apologize. Apologize for my months of absense and complete lack of, well, posts. This will be a long-awaited post, and it'll be something all of us want: more books.

Since summer is around the corner, I will be saving up some big bucks in order to waste it all on those books I have been dying to get all year. Here are just some of the books that I am longing for.

Bloodspell (Bloodspell #1)Luminous

Book 1: Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
Why do I want it? Look at the beautiful cover! It's beautiful. I love the masquerade, old-style book covers. The summary this book has to offer also promises to be a unique book, even if it is about vampires.
Book 2: Luminous by Dawn Metcalf
Why do I want it? Aside from the breath-taking cover, I am enticed with the journey to the Flow, which allows the main character, Consuela, to leave her earthly skin and transform into something with completely different skin made from fire, air, and ice.  I cannot wait to read this!

Dearly, DepartedStarcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)

Book 3: Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
Why do I want it? I have had my eye on this book for a while due to the fact that it's about zombies and a futuristic society that allows for zombies to exist. Did I mention the main character, Nora, (Ew. Hush, Hush name. . . ) falls in love with a zombie? Oh, and can you see that the cover happens to be beautiful?
Book 4: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Why do I want it? Greek mythology, a secret island, beautiful cover? What else could one want? Oh yeah, the creep factor. It's in there! The summary sounds amazing.

SlumberKings & Queens

Book 5: Slumber by Samantha Young
Why do I want it? Oh my goodness. The summary is totally hypnotizing. You are taken to a fantasy world of Phaedra that is driven into chaos when Haydyn falls to a Sleeping Disease. It's a fantasy retelling of Sleeping Beauty, and it sounds completely amazing. I cannot wait to read it!
Book 6: Kings and Queens by Courtney Vail
Why do I want it? It has such an interesting cover, and it has a summary to back it up. It's a quest into teenage despair when a girl, Majesty, loses her father in a fatal car accident, and the last thing she said to him were words of hatred. Majesty goes on a mission to find the cause of the car wreck while juggling to stop a church massacre.

Ashfall (Ashfall, #1)A Need So Beautiful

Book 7: Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Why do I want it? The summary I read on Goodreads enticed me. It's the aftermath of a volcano erruption in Yellowstone, (and I have certainly never read something about that) and Alex, a teenage boy who was out of town that day to visit relatives, embarks on a journey to reach his parents.
Book 8: A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
Why do I want it? An angel book I might actually enjoy. You see, so far, all the angel books I have came in contact with have been disappointing, from Fallen to Hush, Hush, to the angel camoes in the House of Night series. I actually read the summary and didn't want to puke! I'm horrible, I know. . .

Afterlife (Evernight, #4)Wither (Chemical Garden, #1)

Book 9: Afterlife by Claudia Gray
Why do I want it? I have read the first three books in the series, and this being the last one, I am wanting to know how this series concludes due to the fact that the build up for the ending was a big cliffhanger! I will have to buy it soon!
Book 10: Wither by Lauren DeStafano
Why do I want it? Hello? Dystopian novel which involves forbidden love, decreased life expectency, and a beautiful cover? Count me in! This is on the top of my to-buy list, afterall.

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)

Book 11: Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Why do I want it? It's the sequel of If I Stay, and I LOVED that book so much! I can't wait to see what Forman crafted this time and while doing it in Adam's point of view.
Book 12: The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Why do I want it? I LOVED the first two books of the Darkest Powers series, and I am longing to read the next installment. The summary sounds as captivating as the other series, and it promises to be just as awesome!

Thank you so much for your awesomeness. What books are you pining?

1 comment:

  1. I recently finished Starcrossed and I loved it! It had all the things I loved about Twilight, but none of the things I hated about it. I also really liked the Greek myth twists. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post?