CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.15.2011

Just A Thought - Sunday Edition


Wither (Chemical Garden, #1)
I am a caption. Fear me!
I have just finished Wither by Lauren DeStefano, and I just want to share with you some thoughts that I have of the book without going into the boring details that I do with my reviews. I guess you just have to wait for it if you actually want to read it.

This world is basically a world in chaos. Genetic malfunctions have caused the population's life expectany to be dramatically cut to where males live to the age of twenty-five and the females have only twenty years to live.

You have thirteen-year-old girls being forced into marriages to strictly make babies. How much more disgusting is an image of a pregnant thirteen-year-old? This image made me shutter, and having this actually HAPPEN in the novel made me even more disgusted.

The other fact that women are basically strictly used to make babies. That idea makes me want to vomit. No, the book is amazing, but the book made such an impact on me that I actually feel like I'm a part of it, so I have formed an opinion. Women don't have any real purpose in the world other than, as I've already stated, make babies so the world doesn't die out.

You also have women being put into marriages where there are up to, like, twenty other women. Exaggeration, yes. The idea, thought? Same effect. Women, I believe, need complete attention from their husbands, and the lack of attention due to the fact that your husband has nineteen other women to please. I don't know how the women on Sister Wives can take it...

No. Don't get me wrong. I loved this book. Filled with awesome characters, an amazing plot, and unforgettable twists, I reccomend this to anyone who enjoys a dystopian book that makes you think. I applaud you, DeStefano!

If you have read this book and would like to share your opinion with me, you can publish a blog post or comment. I would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post?