CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.18.2011

Waiting on Wednesday (05)

Look how awesome I am. I am updating my blog more than once a week or, like I did, once a month. So here is my Waiting on Wednesday post. Numero cinq. Go moi!

I'm going to do more than one book. That way it doesn't get boring.


Eon by Alison Goodman


Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)
I received the second book, Eona, from TheLibraryThing's Early Reviewer Program do my friend, Branden, could read it. He's a huge fan, and he highly reccomends it. He also reccomended me the Percy Jackson series, so I have to take his word for it.

Apparently, this book is a pimped-up (I can't believe I used that word) verison of Mulan. Well, that's how I would describe it. If you would like to read more about it, then either click on the picture (I think) or click HERE.





The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
Kelley Armstrong? Some spin-off series (sort of) of her Darkest Powers Trilogy? Oh my goodness, me please!

I have just recently finished The Reckoning, and I have to say that Kelley Armstrong is one of the authors that I really love reading theirs books. Her Darkest Powers Trilogy is full of twists and turns, supernatrual beings, an awesome plot, and a remarkable cast of characters. I want that, sil vous plaît?

All I can really draw out of the summary on GoodReads is that it's about some messed-up lake that takes the life of the the narrator's friend, Maya. I read the first chapter on Border's eBook app Preview reader, and I really, really like it!

Summary? Would you like to see? CLICK HERE!

Love Sucks! by Melissa Francis

Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2) Yes, it looks like a cliché vampire book, but I have to say there's more depth in this series than meets the eye. It has a combination of vampires and wizards, and even though the first book, Bite Me!, isn't suppose to be an intense read, it still has an awesome story line that keeps me busy guessing what'll happen.

It's adorable. I have to admit, and the narrator, AJ Ashe, has a sense of humor that resembles Sophie Mercer from Hex Hall. Sure, both have vampires (this series being more focused on vampires while Hex Hall has more of a witch/demon focus), but if I had to chose which I would read, I would have to, unfortunately, say this. I guess I'm biased because I'm currently reading Demonglass, and I don't have this book (unfortunately).

If you're looking for a quick read that's sure to make you giggle, then you'll have to read the first book, and hopefully this one aussi.

Click HERE!

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)I received this as an ARC for Around the World ARC Tours, and, unfortunately, the week wasn't in my favor to finish this book. The deadline came before I could finish it, so I had to ship it and leave it unread. I wish that I could get an ARC of it or get a finished copy when it comes out, which happens to be June 7th. That's too long to wait!

The main character, a ghost named Amelia, died from drowning, and so after her death, she's left staying in the place where she was killed, reliving her death every now and then. She's unsure of how she died, and she can't remember anything about her previous life before she became ghostified except for her beautiful name. I like the name Amelia. So here comes in Joshua, who starts drowning in that lake, and she saves him! Unsure how she did so, she becomes attached to Joshua.

A love story between a ghost and a human, and the attempt to solve a mystery of Amelia's death? Count me in!

CLICK HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I added u, pls add me back, im having Independence giveaway, free stuff, thanks!

    http://ruthrush.blogspot.com/2011/05/aphrodites-4th-of-july-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post?